Monday, May 31, 2010

I Blog America

What if teachers were experts?
What if students were curious?
What if everyone attempted to be a mentor to someone?
You know: really mentored. Cared for a younger person. Shared wisdom and experience without that weird family stuff getting in the way.
What if questions were more important than answers?
Or, at least, as important.

I'm a grammar teacher who will break the rules just to be fun to read. Yes. I will.

I'm also interested in getting you to make this place better than how we found it.
This country-of-ours place.

Keep reading. I'm smart. I'm witty. I'm ready to disagree with myself. Or you, if you're available.
I'm also ready to agree with you. Hell, I'll sing you. Hell, I'll sing myself.

But, what I want to do is: sing America. With you. And Walt. And bricklayers and carpenters. Etc.

Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment